The Caroline pattern is a fun twist to the traditional friendship bracelet patterns. The colors can be changed to for any holiday, making this pattern perfect all year long! The pattern is a little tricky to start, so take it slow. If you make a mistake, just undo that step and try it again.
To start, choose 2 cords from the drawer of your My Chord Maker. (The example uses purple and white.)
1. Place the cords together, end to end, and fold the two cords at the half way mark to form a 1/2 inch loop. Tie an overhand knot. Be sure your knot is big enough to fit onto your musical note hook. Secure your loop on the hook.
2. Separate the cords by placing one white cord in slot 2 of your My Chord Friendship Bracelet Maker and the other white cord in slot 5.
3. The remaining purple cord should hang loose to your left and the other purple cord should hang loose on your right. This will set up your cords to begin your pattern.
4. To begin, take the purple cord from your left and feed it under the two cords in slot 2 and 5. Feed the cord over top of the loose hanging purple cord on the right.
5. Take the other purple cord on the right, which you have NOT touched yet, and feed it over top of the cords in slot 2 and 5, then into the loop formed by your existing purple cord. Tighten the two purple cords by bringing them to the top of your bracelet near the musical note.
6. Take the purple cord now on your right and feed it under the two cords in slot 2 and 5. Feed the cord over top of the loose hanging purple cord on the left (same as in step 5, only opposite sides).
7. Take your other purple on the left, which you have NOT touched yet, and feed it over top of the cords in slot 2 and 5, then into the loop formed by your existing purple cord. Tighten the two purple cords by bringing them to the top of your bracelet near the music note.
8. Repeat step 4.
9. Once you have 3 ladder knots tied onto your bracelet, remove the white cords from slots 2 and 5. Replace slots 2 and 5 with the purple cords (left cord in slot 2, right cord in slot 5). Be sure that the purple cords sit tightly in slots 2 and 5, but not too tight that they pull apart your purple ladder knots you just formed. The remaining white cord should hang loose to your left and the other white cord should hang loose on your right.
10. Take the white cord on your left and form a loop over top of the purple cords in slots 2 and 5. Be sure that it sits over top of your left white cord that you have not touched yet.
11. Take the other white on the right, the one that you have NOT touched yet and feed it over top of the cords in slot 2 and 5 and into the loop formed by your existing white cord. Pull the two white cords gently but tightly about 1 inch from your existing ladder knots.
13. Take the white cord now on your right and feed it under the two cords in slot 2 and 5. Feed the cord over top of the loose hanging white cord on the left.
14. Once you have 3 ladder knots tied onto your bracelet, remove the white cords from slots 2 and 5. Replace slots 2 and 5 with the purple cords (left cord in slot 2, right cord in slot 5). Be sure that the white cords sit tightly in slots 2 and 5, but not too tight that they pull apart your white ladder knots you just formed.
15. Complete steps 4 to 14 until your bracelet is the desired length.
At the end, remove the bracelet and tie a knot with all the cords at the end of the bracelet. Cut off excessive cords leaving approximately a 1/2 overhang beyond the knot.
You’re done!! Wasn’t that fun? Show off your work by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t have My Chord Maker, you can purchase it HERE!
For a different twist on the classic braid, try the 5-strand braid! It’s very easy to do and My Chord Maker is the perfect tool to be a helping hand with this fun pattern. Choose 5 strands of cord (you can find cord in the pull-out drawer of your kit or use some cord […]
FROZEN! Now that the cold weather season is well on it’s way, it’s time to curl up in a blanket with some hot chocolate and put on the perfect comfort movie: Frozen. I know most of you are rolling your eyes at this because it’s the movie you’ve been forced to watch every day all […]
Did you know…. Finding a gift can be difficult sometimes, especially when it’s for someone else’s child. Those thoughts are always running through our heads. “Is this too cheesy? Will they even use it? Why is everything so expensive????” Just go ahead and throw those questions away because I […]
Are you looking for the perfect craft idea for your Halloween party? Look no further! Every year, Halloween parties consist of the same basic contents for children’s entertainment: candy, coloring pages, pumpkin carving, etc. but now it’s time for something NEW to add to the party! Get everyone involved in creating their very […]
Create a variety of patterns with My Boondoggle Lanyard Maker! The same grid is used for both the Boondoggle and Lanyard Maker so you can easily create all the patterns below! Click on your favorite patterns below for free instructions and how to create these colorful accessories to wear & share! Like this:Like Loading…
There is nothing I love more than sitting outside on a sunny day and reading my favorite books. Just the other day I started to read the Harry potter series again and yes I’m in Slytherin. Just as much as I love reading I also love to show my Harry Potter obsession. This time I […]
Create an endless variety of patterns with My Chord Friendship Bracelet Maker! Click on your favorite patterns below for free instructions and how to create these colorful accessories to wear & share! Like this:Like Loading…
Hanging in my closet are a lot of old sweatshirts, jackets, and backpacks. Occasionally, I feel the need to break out an oldie-but-a-goodie on a chilly or rainy day, so I like keeping them around… But I always wish I could make add something to make them look new. My Lanyard Maker is perfect for […]
Do you feel like wearing blues and greens today? Are you cheering for your school’s football team and need something for your hair? Do you have a dance recital tonight and feel like wearing something fun to celebrate? No matter what you’re getting dressed up for, the My Ribbon Barrette Maker is the perfect tool […]
Ice Cream Sundae Friendship Bracelet Pattern Create it with My Friendship Bracelet Maker, Clipboard, or Traveler! BEFORE YOU BEGIN your friendship bracelet pattern, know how to make the single right and single left hand knot. 1. Pick four different colors: 3 strings for the background, 1 for the bowl, 1 for the ice cream, […]
One of my favorite things to do every 4th of July is to go to the beach, have a barbeque with friends, and see some fireworks. The last thing anyone wants to worry about after a day of fun in the sun is how his or her hair looks. Throwing your hair back and wearing […]
As a kid, I loved anything that would light up or glow in the dark, and that has not changed since. Glow stick bracelets are inexpensive and super fun for kid’s birthday parties, firework, and really everything else in life! Your children will completely agree; I promise. Not only will they be entertained while […]